Roberto Miranda
Chapter 2 of Philippians in verse 3 begins what some say is the first anthem or one of the first hymns of the church. Here in verse 5 is believed that this is a hymn that was sung at meetings of the early Christians. Because for the first Christians the Resurrection of Jesus was essential, was the exaltation of Jesus, his exalted status, his rising from the grave. Establishment as the Lord of lords, King of Kings. The fact that God raised him from his condition of humiliation when he was stripped of his glory and took the form of a mere man, who was not mere man but looked like a man though he was human, but it was much more than just human.
And then as God raised Him from the dead and put him in a place is above all else. And it seems that in his praise of the Risen Christ, the Lordship of Christ, the Messianic character this is one of the first signs. Talk about the process that Christ lived. But before entering the Apostle Paul in the hymn that is in verse 5 he begins with a word of practice, application and explanation of life for Christian behavior. This is really important. Note, that wonderful hymn, that wonderful theological exaltation, because that text beginning with verse 5 is one of the key texts on the deity of Christ and its superiority over all other figure we could mention in the economy of the faith.
But what motivates the Apostle Paul guided by the Holy Spirit to exalt and noted that a messianic, Christ is superior to the two preceding verses, where he is calling his readers and we are part of that generation and the church which the Holy Spirit directs this passage. The is calling a lifestyle, a behavior, a way of relating to each other. And that is actually what is in the mind of the Apostle Paul, behavior. The Apostle was not interested in just making a theological statement, but that's always important-doctrinal. The Apostle Paul what interested him was what the implications of the Resurrection for the Christian life.
And how have we to live our lives? What kind of behavior? What kind of ethics should we live as family members of the Christian faith? Then he begins in verse 3 with a call to each of us. Listen to this call because this is for you and me. It says here: "Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory." What is it that sometimes causes so much trouble in the Christian life and congregations? Just two things: pride and conflict. And sometimes the Pride leads to conflict.
And the Apostle Paul many times through his writings calls Christians because you know what? The conflict and pride are not diseases of the twenty-first century or the Lion of Judah Congregation. That is something that comes from humanity itself but certainly the early church had its own problems and difficulties, their conflicts. The Apostle Paul in First Corinthians chapter 2 speaks precisely on-and Chapter 3 also, the conflicts between Christians and they are getting into lawsuits at each other and that there are struggles and all kinds of things.
In the Epistle of St James also talks about things that roar within us, the internal conflicts that lead to wars and fighting divisions among the people of God and the world in general. And in other letters the Apostle Paul always referred to the communities which he wrote to them to put aside the fight and the pursuit of personal glory. I think for example in Romans, I believe it is in Chapter 12 if I remember correctly, where Paul speaks specifically about preferring unos a otros. De no pensar más de nosotros mismos de lo que tenemos que pensar.
Sino que pensemos en nosotros mismos con cordura, con una mente sobria. Que no estemos exaltándonos más a nosotros mismos de la cuenta sino que nos prefiramos unos a otros, que pongamos a los demás antes que nosotros. Porque el conflicto siempre ha estado en las iglesias y el conflicto siempre ha estado en la humanidad. Entonces el Apóstol Pablo dice “nada hagan por contienda o por vanagloria”. ¿Cuántos de nosotros hemos hecho cosas simplemente para mostrarle a alguien que nosotros podemos o que no se pueden salir con la suya? O que tenemos algo, ¿no? Porque tenemos algo que probar. Contienda, vanagloria.
Dice "Rather - with what? - With humility. Each esteem others better than himself. " In other words not looking at our own glory, our own preference, but being humble. It's more to the point of seeing the good in others and to appreciate that there is much virtue in others. I believe that if we spend more time looking at the good things that people have rather than the bad I think it would solve at least fifty percent of the problems of the human race.
If we could focus on us the gift of God in a person who sometimes upsets us or a person who is always putting the legs on something in the church or something and we looked good intentions, good will, his love for God. Look, I think half the trouble we experience will vanish immediately. So is this idea of \u200b\u200bcherishing others. Of course, that does not mean that we look to us like the lowest thing on Earth. One thing we can have a low self-esteem and earth throw us in the head and think "I am worthless", "I am nobody" and "everybody is better than me." That's not the idea.
The idea is' Look, look there are virtues in others. Emphasizes the blessings that are the others. " Look not every man on his own, but each also for the others. Always thinking of the good of others. Always meeting and making sure that the people around us will be blessed. If there is any need, if there are any deficits in your life, if I can be in any way an agent of God's blessing. An agent of grace, an antenna for which lower the grace and blessing of God and the generosity of God in any context is at work, home, church, street, on the bus, on the train, where I will always be looking after the welfare of others.
not thinking about my own sake but for the good of others. By the way, let me tell you, there are illustrations thereof. On a day like today where so many people in the church and the first service was extremely tight, listen to me, how important is that sometimes so Christians have that in mind! How easy we forget Christianity when we squeeze the keys a little! or when someone takes our favorite place or someone is sitting where we sit regularly.
Or ask us to give up a seat for a person or family may be more comfortable. How beautiful it is when you can ask the Pastor brothers, "Brothers, could accommodate a little?"! And the brothers with the good face they say, 'Sure, Pastor. " I saw two or three samples that for the Service and that gives us joy that, right? Because we are experiencing, we are doing this that says the Word of God.
But look, that the Apostle Paul called practical than it takes to give an illustration of that. Interestingly, one of the most exalted statements of the deity of Christ and his dominion and exaltation came as a result of a modest meditation on Christian behavior, on Christian ethics, on how they should be the relationship between God's children and also to the rest of humanity. And it was because the Apostle Paul wanted to give an example of that attitude. He is saying 'Brothers conduct yourself in this way, list them in this way. "
'This is the attitude in every one of you, this is how you should relate. " And I'll give an example of this, I will illustrate this attitude. I feel that I will describe. Then he says: "Let there be in you because that was also in Christ Jesus." That is, brethren, to dwell in each one of us that attitude that was in Christ Jesus. Look, you know? The word translated in English 'feel' is actually in the original Greek is more like 'mind'. 'Let there be in you the same mind that was in Jesus Christ. " The same mentality could ie the same attitude, the same conviction, the same way of thinking that was in Christ Jesus.
Christ In other words what he did to shed its glory and obedience to the Father and inconvenience for us was the product of an essential attitude that was in him a ruling principle of his person. And I think it is important to stress this because sometimes say "you in you the same feeling" you think of an emotion, right? And sometimes the emotions can be temporary. One day I can feel like I want to be generous and one day I'm in a bad mood and 'look, you take him who brought it. I'll do what I have to do 'and do not care about other people, Right?
But what he says here is that there has to be in us a mentality, an ethic, a way of thinking, a system that governs our lives, like it or not. We feel that we want it or not, the person we like or not like us liking or not liking us. It is a concept because that's what Christ did. Christ did not think if he wanted to divest himself of his glory and come to Earth and become a man and drop their benefits and privileges of God. He did it because the Father, so to speak, this is the complexity of the Trinity, is not it? - He did because he wanted to resolve the dilemma of the human race and its own dilemma of Justice and Mercy and Sin of Humanity , this.
And the Lord Jesus, as we said last Friday, in our meditation, Christ was the answer simply in obedience and He humbled himself, laid aside the privileges. No thought of what he wanted, thought about the need for humanity that was lost in sin, condemned to death, abandoned. Because there was a separation between God and the sinful humanity. And mankind was completely devoid of hope, at the mercy of the enemy.
[Usher, is a sister-atiéndanla there that please, "] At the mercy of the enemy. And he says in one passage, I think it's in Ephesians' But God, when we are filled sins, Christ died for us. " Look, it was not like we deserved. We did not deserve to be saved. It was like God said, 'This poor humanity that is so eager to reconcile with me and need me to send them a Savior. " It was not like that humanity was crying out to God for a Savior. It was not like that mankind had evolved to the point that God said 'You know what? Now need a special work. " No.
At the most unworthy of the history of mankind, then Christ died for us. Christ emptied himself of his glory. That is what God did for his love was purely objective, not because what we deserved. God decided to do it and decided to follow Christ to the Father. I think about it, is in us that mentality, that attitude, the governing principle of the Christian life that Christ was stripped of his glory. When I see Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane praying to the Father and says, "Lord, if thou wilt, if possible pass this cup from me."
Do you remember that passage? It is a passage that is often preached the Good Friday, he sweated drops of blood was so terrible that the tension that he felt because he knew what awaited him on that cross. He knew the Way of the Cross, suffering that was before Him, and He said: "Lord, if you can deliver me from this. I do not want that. I'm terrified, in their humanity "said the Lord, the idea of \u200b\u200bgetting on the cross." But he said: "But Thy will, not mine." In other words He put aside his preferences, he put aside his fear, he put aside his feelings and just be left to a principle.
The principle of obedience to the Father, humble and be a servant and do what the Lord wanted him to do, the Father wanted Him to do, right? So why say "Let there be in you the same feeling, the same mentality that was in Christ Jesus. Who being in the form of God did not consider equality with God something 'to hold on. " Do you know that Jesus is God? That's one of the great truths of the Christian faith. Jesus Christ is God. In the mystery of the Trinity and the Incarnation, the Bible says again and again that Jesus Christ is God. He was not created. The Son of the mystery we call the Trinity was not created, He has no beginning or end, He is the very essence, is made of the essence with the Father.
He is God Himself. Do not let anyone bait and target. Do not let anyone ever throw doubt that Jesus Christ is God. We can not understand, or explain in rational terms that I understand very well, but not all things of God are necessarily subject to reason. By faith we believe what the Bible says. But Jesus Christ was God, is God and when He came into the world is not something magical happened and how to say "was that he was stripped of his glory. Not stripped of their deity as the God in man remained but stripped of all privileges and glory and the radiance of being God was not ...
pure in His deity He was not bound by time, space, nothing. That is, He was God with all privileges and all the powers of the deity of "being in the form of God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped." The word hold is a word meaning 'as something that coveted' something to steal, grab something, something that was so valuable that one like he wants to stick to it and nobody is going to remove because it is mine. And he says' even though He was equal with God, He did not stick to the unlimited glory, to the absolute comfort, total. "
How many of us cling to things, eh? And here comes trouble, right? We cling to our rights, we cling to our prerogatives, we cling to what we studied, we cling to that person we love, we cling to a profession, a house, a car. In the church we hold to our position leaders, we cling to the treatment that is supposed to give us for what we do for the church or cling to what we believe God has to do for us, because we serve and give, and so on.
We cling to many things. We stick to things that are valuable and I think part of Christian growth, maturity begins when we begin to detach from things that we love. Do you understand? When you believe you should be given certain treatment and sometimes do not, you say 'You know what? Amen. More was lost in the flood. " And one does not cling to it, do not feel offended. When you do not get the Christmas gift that you knew had to give and say 'Amen. No matter I'll give but do not give me. " If you do not celebrate birthdays, you do not offend you and you feel like you do not love you and put a face on next year with the people around you.
But you do not you stick to those things, do not cling. If you were sick and the Pastor did not call you, do not you put a face on Sunday when you see it. "Amen? How many of us admit we hold, we stick to the things we do? 'That should be me, that I have to give me. " There are so many ways. In the family, at home, in relationships between husband and wife at work. How many times the problem and conflict is that we are secretly holding on to something? We say 'No, this is mine, I have it by law and if I get it going to be a problem. " Then somehow react.
The Bible says' Do not cling to the things you think you should. Detach yourself from them as Christ was lifted off of his glory. " He says "Therefore, being equally God, did not cling to any of these things', but what did? It also stripped. That word "emptied" means is empty, hollowed. It's like taking a spoon and take a fruit and get all the seeds it has inside. I do not know, a good avocado, I can give another. We all know what a pumpkin or a Uyama? The Dominicans have Uyama other pumpkin, right? This week, in fact, I was told that if you pick a pumpkin, sisters, this is a recipe. I will not charge for this. [Laughter]. Do you know that the pumpkin will quickly damage? But I have understood that if you removed all the seeds inside that is more easily corrupted, pumpkin it will last much longer. So there is a secret for you.
I had a nice piece of Uyama, squash back in my house and decided to do that. I grabbed a spoon and scraped by in all. I took all the pumpkin seeds and it was spic. I'd say that's something like what Christ did, right? He took it, was gutted, all he had in his whole deity, all its glory or privileges. He was gutted, scraped all that and was just like a tree pruned and assumed human form. Shear is the word. It is a very powerful theological word. He took off, stole himself might say, in a sense.
He removed the things that he could have and gave them love for humanity, humanity and love of the Father. Because He lived under that principle to serve, to give to others. But hey, what's going on here and I see the connection between the date of Easter is when we celebrate today and this process I am describing is, brethren, how great is that the Apostle Paul describes this process of the Christ who emptied himself to be stripped of his glory , which was emptied and stripped of everything that He had given him comfort and glory, because that's what we talk about the incarnation.
these days we celebrate on Friday where the Lord was crucified before he was crucified and was hit, was embarrassed, he was alone. We all were shocked him, it was all his disciples. He was only to suffer all this. And before that, was thirty years or less living on Earth as Clark Kent, just one knew, very few people knew that He was God. He walked the streets and 'Ah! Is the son of Mary and Joseph yes Carpenter. I know him. " It was so unimpressive that the people could not believe he was who he was. And when miracles were surprised. His own brothers did not believe that he ...
Mary his mother, never fully understood, it seems, what he really was. It was a mystery. He walked those years, just, humble, simple. When he entered Jerusalem, went into a huge war horse. Entered on an ass, simple at heart. He lived his entire life as well. The Bible says "no appeal" for us to say Wow! How sexy! These paintings of Jesus like Clark Gable or Robert Redford or other of these actors beautiful and very attractive ... I do not think so.
When he took off, took off. He walked the streets. What people saw there was a Jewish medium average. That was all. He spent thirty-odd years in this existence. Tucked into the straitjacket of their humanity, but within the throbbing power of God, God's life. It was also God, was God but put-in some mysterious way-based on fully human. God and humanity in there, in perfect unity. And that ended on the Cross. And that is why the Apostle Paul says, "He emptied himself, taking the form of a slave and becoming like men and being in human form, ie was not enough simply that he was a man, but being in that condition, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death. "
not any death, but death of what? Death on the cross. The worst death than a person could experience. That is, what are we saying here? The stripping of Jesus, his neglect of himself was absolutely total. There could be no greatest way to a stoop to what Christ did. And remember what we said before, what the Apostle Paul? 'Look, there in you that same attitude. That same mentality that led Christ to do all this. " And that's why he says' I can not think it is as if he were saying, in another example except that of Christ. "
If you want to know what I mean, look at Christ and see what He experienced. Now brethren, here's the thing. This is important, listen to this. What the Apostle Paul is describing here is for me the central principle of Christian life. Listen to this, for me is what makes it distinctive Christianity over any other religion. And it is the most mysterious and seemingly contradictory and paradoxical that I know in all philosophical and theological principles of humanity. And it is this. The Apostle Paul says, "If you do that and if you live that way and if you let your life be governed by the principle of divesting himself of what belongs and what you are entitled to have and what you love and what you value and what people owe to you. "
"If you are not willing to shed it, to peel it, to surrender for the sake of others and the welfare of others the same thing happened Jesus Christ is going to happen to you too. " The same result that Jesus Christ received as a result of his conduct and obedience and live according to that principle, you're going to also experience their own life. " And what was the result that Jesus Christ was? Look at it here. Friday after describing the process, the lowering, the suffering, he says, look at verse 9: "Therefore, tell me so, in other words, as a result of this behavior as a result of that action, that God also conduct-that is, God made one thing but did another.
God humbled, I lowered, put it in a straitjacket, allowed it to be uploaded to the cross, allowed him to get into the depths of the Earth and experience the death and felt all the sins of mankind, are dirty with sin humanity's total through the whole story. Did that. But did the following: the highly exalted him. The highly exalted him. Raised him, glorified in the most extreme we can consider. God highly exalted Him and given Him a name which is above every name. "
In ancient time and always the name represented dignity, representing the authority, represented the power of a family of a person. Yet that is the case. When you sign what you sign? You sign your name. The name embodies the person. When you put your name on a check or a contract or a legal document, you are saying 'my person is stuck there. My life is involved in that name that I'm getting in that document. " So all you got is it's there. So here it says is this: God gave him a name. In other words, gave him an authority, gave him power, gave him a personality, gave him a representative character which is above all other representations.
In other words, you can give all the reality that exists potentially has a name. It may be a galaxy can be a star or a superstar, can be a fish, can be an elephant, can be a disease. Satan has a name, the principalities and powers of hell have names, the angels have names, the atoms in the center of the area have names. The cells of the body has a name: cells. Everything has a name and no name is because it has not yet been discovered. But everything in the universe has a name.
says the word that Christ was given a name that no matter what you mentioned, that the name of him is always more powerful, higher. All diseases that we know have a name, for example. You know what? The name of Christ is more powerful than any disease and that is why we in the name of Jesus pray for healing. [Applause]. Satan has a name, the Lord rebuke. You know what? The name of Christ is more powerful than Satan and that when you use the name of Jesus, you are hitting you the greatest power in the universe, more powerful than ten thousand or a hundred thousand or a billion atomic bombs or power man can imagine.
When you're plugged in the name of Jesus, you're infinitely powerful, potentially. When you live your life in the name of Jesus there is no concept, no problem, no difficulty, no challenge, no tragedy that can be above you because you have the name of Jesus in your favor. You're moving in the mighty name of Jesus. God gave him a name which is above every name, every concept, every principle, every, every force, every energy, every situation. The name of Jesus.
Following his dejection, humiliation, dispossession, his emptying himself the Lord said, 'You know what? As a result of all this I'll give you something that is above everything. I'll give you glory, I'll give you your power, I'll give back everything that you lost ', supposedly. You know what? Even let me speaking, when Christ ascended had something that he had when he came down. One may think how can God have more? Because if there is only God you can add. If I were a philosopher I would say: God is the sum total of everything and God is not you can add or take away. That would say a philosopher, right?
But you know what? When God became man got out and bought something that had: humankind. Yes or no? God was God, is God. But when Christ came assumed human form. When he did not let up his humanity as a rumpled suit and no longer needed. The skin of Christ did not stay down there like 'Men in black' skin that stays there. His humanity did not stay down, humanity rose up to Him who is God and man, is seated at the right hand of God, has the marks of his crucifixion to prove it. When he ate fish raised to say 'I am a man, too. " [Applause].
So, I believe that the privileges ... God gave something to the Lord that wow! I can not even think how great it was. When the Lord was resurrected, he had experienced something incomprehensible. God highly exalted him, gave him "a name which is above every name" that in Jesus' name every knee should bow of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth. If he could have said something more within the Earth around the Earth, beyond the Earth would have said.
But he said 'what is in heaven, on Earth, beneath the Earth' is hell, whatever falls there. A name. There is no other name more than the name of Jesus and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father. You know what? Yet every tongue has confessed, or confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Over here in the South End there are some people who do not believe that Jesus Christ is Lord and there also throughout Boston and the United States and the history of mankind there are nations and people who ...
But you know what? He says that 'one day every tongue will confess, every knee will bow and confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. " [Applause]. And what's good for us here that have gone before, we know. And when he says that Jesus Christ is Lord, Curios in the original Greek, that is the word translated Lord, are borrowing the name they gave the Jews to Jehovah. The Jews believe that God's name is so sacred that not spoken with his mouth. So what you say is the Lord. Curios is the translation of original Hebrew word for Lord. Jews speak of the Lord.
For example Isaiah when he saw the vision of God said, 'I saw the Lord. " So when it says here that 'Jesus is Lord' is saying that God is in the way sovereign ruler of all that exists. He dominates all, He has power over everything, He governs the visible, invisible, the microcosm and the macro cosmos, everything is under control, the Lordship of Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is God. He has given everything the child says. And one day when the Son has taken it all and has submitted any authority, every rule, every nation under his rule says that take everything and give it to the Father so that all are one on one and that history will be consummated in its entirety.
But God gave that right to the Son. But look, and with this I promise you I close my history, and God says "If you submit to the same dynamics that Christ underwent, as happened to Jesus is less clear as a human being in human dimension, human-scale will happen to you too. " Because remember that this is the beginning of the meditation of the Apostle Paul: "Let there be in you the same feeling that in Christ Jesus. Love one another, do not think of yourself, do not hold the things are not suing people. " Are not thinking first of their own comfort, for its own benefit, think of others. Not thinking of himself as, 'I'm the big thing. "
No! Think about what others have. I think if us to think about others and their attributes would be less self-confident people in the world. I think many people are blessed with security that I unfortunately because I have no one who knows himself knows. Hey! I have no right to have such confidence in myself. You know what it is and when you look around you see so many people more talented than you.
But there are people are so ignorant they believe are the greatest thing in the world. The last Coca-Cola in the desert, and walk with security and confidence and take the world ahead. But because they are ignorant not because they know a lot, you know? Because I believe that while one else knows, the more uncertain it is at some point. One who knows and understands less and less can be more dangerous the world is a rougher and how many mistakes we make in the world! One feels more fragile.
I think the maturity of the Christian faith is that, while one fastest growing, most known, is stronger in the Lord. As one further decreases, brothers. So Paul says, "I glory more on my weaknesses "because when I am weak then I am strong. The Lord said "My grace is sufficient", "My strength is made perfect - what? - In weakness." So brothers I said, listen, when I said a moment ago: the key principle of Christian life, the first number one, I would say the principle that runs from Genesis to Revelation, the principle that you will find in all books the Bible, all the characters, I think, of the Bible, in all the great stories of the Bible is the principle that when we are young, when we strip away our rights, our glory, when we think of others and not ourselves most manifest the power and grace of God in our lives. We better go.
more successful we are, we have more power, more authority against the devil we have, the more God covers us with His grace, we find more mercy when we were wrong. More gifts of the Holy Spirit is manifested through our lives, we receive more glory. Because that is the key to everything. When I said about Christ who emptied out of love for others came to mind immediately ... Watch a sample, for example, taken almost at random. Old Testament, because we think these are the New Testament, God was a little more mature and therefore invented the New Testament. No, I think that from the beginning.
Look for example the life of King Solomon. When Solomon enters the kingdom and God appears in a dream and says "Son, ask me anything you want. I'm going to give for the sake of David your father what you ask me. " What did Solomon? Wisdom, "he said," Look Lord, I am an ignorant young man and I have hard to govern a people, great. State major challenges that I have a doctorate in politics or international relations or economics. I feel inadequate to do this job, I want to govern well. So I only ask 'give me wisdom'. " And guess what? Solomon's request that pleased both God, because God saw the heart of Solomon. Too bad then when old moved away from that truth. There is
left behind women, was behind the power and glory and how he lost that truth, ended a broken man. Destroyed all his reputation and that reached its full glory as a youngster. But when it stood at the essential dynamic of Christ, the essential dynamic of God's heart when he asked God why, God said, 'You know what, Solomon? I like what I have asked. As I asked for riches, I asked for power that is normally what I would asked a man, I asked the heads of your enemies which is what we would call a King who is starting. You know what, Solomon? I'll give you what you asked. I'll give you wisdom as I have not given to any human being. I will give you knowledge, I'll give you understanding. But you know what? Not only that, I'll also give money, I will give thanks, I'll give you power, more than any other man. "
Throughout history, proportionately, Solomon was the richest man and most powerful. His kingdom was at such a high level. God gave him, why? Because he did not think of himself, he thought of his people, he thought to please God, she thought of doing a good job. Was caring for his nation. And when God saw that dynamic, because that is what moves the heart of God, that's what takes away from God when a man, a woman living under the principle 'Not I but God and others. " When you live your life to please God and you know what is pleasing to God when we care for his creatures. When someone you care for a child of God, is a child of God, that is what pleases God.
And you know what? When you live so, God is not fit inside if trying to bless. He'll find a thousand ways to bless. If we we understood that and lived every day to climb down, dying to live forever, stripping to receive glory. Making small to large, not asking for anything to have it all, of our rights to have the esteem of the people. Listen, if you and I that I am preaching this sermon I preach sometimes things that even I think to me, brother, preach because that is the Bible. I say sometimes, I am preaching a very exalted. I say 'Lord help me to live. "
Because I assure you that if we we understood that we would be the most powerful people, happier and more successful in the world. Today brothers I wish in the name of the Lord that every one of us, our church, this community of faith and Christianity in general understand that, basic. If your father lives not to live vicariously through your children. How many parents want to be through their children? And we use the children as a tool for our dreams and solve our problems in the past. If you live for your children to become what God wants them to be and you give them, husband, you're the head of household, you are the spiritual leader of your family. But if you live for your wife reaches the maximum in Christ Jesus, if you serve it to her, if you will serve it, if thou bless, if you love her as Christ loved the church.
If you become a spiritual leader, a mentor, a Jesus who serve and wash the feet of his wife how much glory you're gonna get! Son, if you will be subject to your dad as Christ was fastened to the Father and you worship your father or your mother and you obey your father and your mother because they are your father and your mother, because the Bible says "Honor thy father and thy mother "and if you obey them if you're not totally convinced of what they are telling you but you give them them the choice, care and treat them well and serve them, you know what? One day when you're father your children will go to bless you and you're going to serve you. And you'll know what is the true glory.
Head of an office or a factory manager or owner of a company if you serve your employees, in the sense not to let them do to you what you want I'm not talking about that, but if you understand that you have a commitment to care for them, to treat them well, respect the dignity that is in them, including helping to train and grow and develop more professionally, you're going to have people loyal and delivered to you. Unless you are a rogue and they're there by from time to time, but God will defend them because you're doing things according to what God says.
Brethren, if we in the church we were dealing with that we care, that care, affection, this account of one another. If you were not thinking about how you are trying, you are giving, if you just give, you are a slave or a servant. You are here to bless your community, you are here to bless your church, your pastors to bless, to bless the kingdom of God, you live that way. Do not worry about yourself, your own rights, your own nature as to demand consideration and you live just like an innocent child, let God worry about you. Worry about you from others in love God and God will always be defending you to you. You will esteem of others.
Do you know why we often have so much anxiety and insomnia? Because there is something secret within us that we have not resolved. Something that we have not stripped. Shed all, give it all to God. Live to God dwelleth in God, live for others and you will have mental and emotional health. And the psychiatrists are going to die of hunger. Praise God for psychiatrists. [Applause] Because you're going to have peace in your heart. Nobody can take away anything because you have nothing, everything belongs to God. You're going to have considered, you will have respect, you will have influence.
People will come to you because the world is eager to find teachers, mentors, role models and you will find. You will want to teach them, I advise. See God will give materially, is not going to miss anything because God will take care of what you give will be returned with a vengeance. You'll have knowledge of things a word and the mysteries of the Gospel. For the mysteries of the gospel depends on this main principle: "Shed and you will receive, drop dead and go to live, become weak and you will be strong, give and you will get more and more each day. Cree do not know anything and you will know everything. Move in the power of God and have the power of the universe, not in your own power. "
is the main principle. Throughout Scripture, is the principle. It is not with swords, not with armies, is in the spirit. It is not your strength, not your talent, not your skill, is in the power of God. And while you empty the more you more you will be stripped, the more you hollow out the inside, but God can put your anointing within you, His glory inside of you, your gifts within you. And you will experience the blessing. That's the key, brothers. I believe that many of the problems of Christianity is because we have not understood this truth. Many of the suffering. And that's why we're going to have to insist over and over and over and over again in this church and all Christianity.
I think that we really have must be, insisting, insisting, insisting. Because I tell you, I think the problem of Christians through the centuries has been that priests, pastors have failed in that. And now we have churches everywhere and we have a Protestant or Catholic culture, semi-Christian, where we teach people a lot of things but we are teaching the most important thing is to live life as Christ lived. Feel the same way that Christ felt, to think as Christ thought, to combine life and human relationships as the conjugated Christ. In this dynamic of "the more I was a child I do, I'm bigger. The more I more I get, the more I love, I most loved, the more I take off, the more I have. The weaker I get, the stronger I am, the more I worry about others, but God cares about me. "
If we learn that, brethren, you do not have to come to church. Stay home and will be a spiritual giant. I'm playing just in case. But it is the key word. The real, the resurrection depends on the crucifixion. The power of Easter Sunday is not reached except through the Friday crucifixion. You do not get it through thirty years of anonymity and deprivation and poverty. But then you will have glory, God will give you a name. Do you want to name? Many people you name and kill them trying to get the name. Let God give you the name. If God gives you the name, that name will be exalted, will be beautiful, it will be wonderful. May this congregation, at least among us today is born a desire to gain or have the same mind as Christ. The same way of proceeding, the same governing principle of not thinking of me but think of others and think of God above all.
I would like to be at the height of the teaching and I want you also a desire in the afternoon. Amen. We will lose our heads for a moment and let's ask the Lord to give birth or strengthen this principle in our hearts, in our minds, our whole being. Lord, I want to think like Christ, I want to think like Christ. I want to have the mind, the attitude of Christ, I want to be Christ walking the earth. People will see just a ordinary human being but Christ will be walking at me with his power, his authority, his insight, wisdom, and I will receive from you what I desire and need.
Thou shalt. I want to be like, I want to be like Christ, I want to live life as Christ. I ask if anyone in this afternoon we visit or has not taken a step of faith still give their lives to the Lord Jesus. Do not want anyone to leave without a desire perhaps reconciled with the Lord or put your life in the hands of Jesus the Christ or invite to join your heart. If you have not done it before and want to do so now let's take a moment to invite you to consider putting your life in the hands of Jesus and invite Him into your heart and your life to the Lord for Him to teach you how to live as He lived and have the power he has and had.
I want to ask if anyone here tonight who wants to invite Christ into your heart, if you have not done before. We would pray for you this evening before you go. Is there anyone who has not done it before and you want to give your life to Jesus this afternoon? The Lord says "Whoever comes to me I would not cast out." [Go here] Glory to God. Perhaps there is someone else still has not surrendered his life to the Lord and want to do now. It takes courage to be the first you know? Is there someone, a brother, a sister, a young man, someone who wants to take a step of faith in this afternoon? I invite you to come by and start walking in the way Christ walked. This is a long journey. If you have not done before I invite you to spend some time here and on a day like today is a day of Resurrection, you might want to take that step.
I invite you to come here. Is there anyone else who has not taken that step and wants to do now? [Applause] Glory to God. Amen. Glory to God. Still have time if someone wanted to, if there is restless or uneasy in your seat, perhaps the Holy Spirit is saying "You will feel uncomfortable but it is part of the process is describing the Pastor Miranda in his sermon. You have to move not according to emotions but according to spiritual principles. " Is there anyone else that has not happened yet and now wants to do this afternoon? We call. Is there someone else up there or down there? We hope they are in the balcony, if seats are in the last place. Is there anyone else? Let's pray for these brothers.
Let's give thanks to God for them. Lord we thank you for These wonderful men Who Have Given Their Lives to You. We bless this young woman. Lord we thank you for this young man also, that we have here before. There are a couple of sisters to please please come with me too. And we thank you Lord, thank you for this life are precious before thee. Valen stars, galaxies worth, worth world Lord. Worth to you endlessly. I bless each one of them in the name of Jesus. And Jesus, we offer them as trophies of your Resurrection. We offer them as trophies in your crucifixion and your life of suffering and sacrifice. We ask that you come into your heart as your Word promises that You have to do, Lord. Sign in with them, sit with them and be intimate with them.
bless you and declare your Lordship, your health, your blessing, your name on their lives and this church, Lord, also set the principles of the Kingdom of God. I want this church in your name, Lord, I say this-I want this church exemplifies the central tenet of the Christian life: love, humility, dedication to others, obedience to the Father, mutual restraint, mercy, kindness, gentleness, forgiveness , grace, patience, kindness. These principles, Lord, the embrace as men and women and God. We will not live for ourselves, we will live for you and your creatures. Let us be instruments of your grace. We want this church, this family is characterized by these principles. It starts with me and continues through any person, sir.
And so ask your church in all the earth may know that served others although he is Lord of lords and King of kings. Set Your person, O Lord, in this place and this family of faith. Today we pray and commit ourselves to live in this way to the glory of your name. Glory to you, not us. Thank you. Keep up this family of faith, Father. And thanks for everything we've experienced on this day, Lord. Seal it in our hearts and our lives. Thank you Lord. We love you. In the name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.
0 comments:
Post a Comment